George Washington Carver Center for Arts and Technology
Science National Honor Society (SNHS)
2014 – 2015
Congratulations, your academic scholarship in Science has earned you an invitation to join the Science National Honor Society. This organization is dedicated to create enthusiasm for scientific and intellectual thought, to advance knowledge of classical and modern science, to motivate a desire to render service and to promote leadership in our school and community. As a member of Science NHS, a student will actively participate in science-related events. In order to be considered for membership, you must meet certain minimum requirements, as described below.
Applications are due on March 4th pm to
Mrs. Holmes in room 3113.
- 3.75 overall GPA (weighted)
- 3.5 average GPA in all high school science classes (un-weighted).
- Junior – currently enrolled in a GT or an AP class earning an A or a B
- Documentation of participation in some science extracurricular activity during any part of elementary, middle, or high school (e.g. internship, class, workshop, summer camp, Science Fair, formal or informal tutoring peers in science)
- Teacher recommendation from previous science teachers. You must give this form to all of your previous science teachers at GWCCAT with an envelope for submission. The recommendations must be submitted to Mrs. Holmes’ mailbox by the due date.
- Students must enrolled in a High School Science class each year.
Constitution and Bylaws
- The Constitution and Bylaws are available on the George Washington Carver Center for Arts and Technology’s webpage, located at:
- Students who believe they are eligible, and who apply for membership, must carefully read the constitution and bylaws for this organization. Your acceptance and induction into the Science National Honor Society requires your commitment to abide by the rules set forth in these documents.+
We hope that you are interested in applying to the Carver Center Science National Honor Society! If you have questions or comments, please contact:
Mrs. Holmes, Room 3113 firstname.lastname@example.org